 |
| Eating Spaghetti |
Wow, sorry it has been so long since I have posted something. So much has been happening since Emmalin got off of the diet last Tuesday, September 7th (at lunch time). Since last Tuesday, Emmalin has been blowing us away with the progress that she is making and continues to make in the eating/texture area. We went to see a feeding specialist on Friday to get an evaluation done and while we were there, Emmalin had her FIRST EVER piece of a whole green bean. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! She has never been able to tolerate something like that!!! Before the diet and while she was on the diet, she could only tolerate a little above stage 2 baby food. When Jarrad got off work that night, we made Emmalin some spaghetti (for the first time ever) and took pictures and videoed Emmalin eating green beans and spaghetti. I know it probably sounds a little extreme to be videoing that, but it was a HUGE deal!! Anyway... so Emmalin is now eating some solid soft foods. This is as far as she will go, but it's incredible!!! We will stick with these types of foods for a little bit and then try to push it a little more until we get to regular table food all the time. I can't wait!!
 |
| At Applebee's Eating her first meal at a restaurant! |
 |
| Drinking water for the first time and not gagging! |
Also, Emmalin drank water for the first time last Friday, September 10th. Again, this may not seem like a big deal, but she has never tolerated water before. She would ALWAYS gag when I would give it to her. So this is another HUGE milestone that we have crossed over and we are so incredibly excited about it (if you can't already tell)!!
Looked like she really enjoyed that spaghetti...haha
ReplyDelete