Emmalin Age: 7.5

Emmalin Age: 7.5

Thursday, August 26, 2010

ATTITUDE AND TEETH



I started noticing last Friday, that Emmalin seems to be getting more of an opinion ( and sometimes a little attitude) about things.  You see, until now, Emmalin really hasn't had an opinion about anything.  Last Friday, her vision therapists came to our house.  For the first time (consistently) when they were having her look at things, if she didn't want to look at it, she would just roll away.  It was one of those moments when I was SO incredibly excited to see her starting to do something new!   It was also one of the first times that I felt like I needed to let her know that it wasn't okay to do something just because she didn't want to do it. 
Anyway... skipping forward to today, when I was wiping her face after eating her carrots, she decided to whine because she didn't want me to wipe her face.  Of course I did it anyway, but again, she's never done that before.  I know that this is going to sound pretty weird, but it was SO refreshing to hear her start whining just because she didn't want me to do something!!!  I'm loving the fact that she's starting to get an opinion and hope that she keeps it up!



As for the teeth, just this past weekend Emmalin cut two of her bottom teeth (she has her two middle bottom teeth and she just cut the one on each side of those).  On Monday night when Jarrad and I sat down to have dinner, we noticed Emmalin making some very serious faces and couldn't figure out what was going on.  We soon realized that she had just found her new teeth.  She kept running her tongue around them. It was so funny to see the faces that she was making, so I thought that I would share a couple of them with you (I was able to catch her making them right after she ate tonight).  The pictures don't do the "looks" justice, but it was the best I could do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment