This blog is about Emmalin's struggles and triumphs living with the CDKL5 gene deficiency, early infantile epileptic encephalopathy. We will also blog a little about what challenges and joys we have had as her parents. God is SO good and we feel so blessed that He chose us to be Emmalin's parents! This is our story...
Emmalin Age: 7.5
Monday, September 20, 2010
AMAZING WOMEN
Last Saturday night, I had the honor of meeting 5 amazing woman who also have children with special needs. I was invited by a friend, named Kristi, that also has a child with special needs. Before this night, I have never done anything like that. Yes, of course I have been out to eat before and visited with other people. But it was the first time I have ever went to "visit" with complete strangers and felt/knew that they understood where I was coming from on so many levels. There were not two children that were being "represented" that had the same thing. But as many of the others, I was able to relate with something that Emmalin was doing or has gone through with each child. It was an amazing experience! I feel SO blessed that God has allowed my path to cross with so many inspirational woman! This "group" meets once a month, and I have to tell you that I am already looking forward to next month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment