(Working on standing and walking with Miss Mary)
Going back to the 2nd hour of OT today....well, let me just say that Emmalin has refused to do stuff for therapists in the past by turning her head away, making funny faces to show she wasn't happy about what she was doing, and even frowning her eyebrows....but today was first day I saw her do it all at the same time. She was even trying to hit the therapists a little bit because she was that mad (please understand when Emmalin "hits" someone, the person she hit has no idea that they have even been hit because it is not hard at ALL and looks like she's just reaching out to touch you - but I know when she's trying to be mean and so I make sure I acknowledge it and tell her she can't do it). Back to ther therapy today...This was the first time I have ever seen Emmalin just point blank decide she was NOT going to participate (willingly) with therapy...I've never seen her do so many facial expressions with her mouth and her eyebrows at the same time...ha! Emmalin only willingly participated in about 10 minutes out of the entire hour!
Honestly, it was really cute and amazing to see her figure out she has that she actually has some control over the situation... But saying that, I still made her work and let her know it wasn't ok for her to just decide she wasn't going to do it (I at least tried to sound serious and stern - don't think it worked or that she cared). Emmalin also has to start to understand that sometimes she can't be the boss...But seriously, just look at the picture (its so cute)...it says it all! (Zoom in on her face...ha!)
(Emmalin is just refusing to do anything for Miss Katie and Miss Megan...but they were so great and kept trying to find ways to motivate her...Emmalin just wasn't in the middle for it...ha!)
Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds! God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment