Emmalin Age: 7.5

Emmalin Age: 7.5

Sunday, October 21, 2012

1st School Picture

For those of you that didn't read the post about how crazy it was trying to get Emmalin's first school picture taken, I will give you the short version:

First of all, I forgot it was picture day until we were about to leave the house and at the last minute I quickly changed Emmalin into whatever I could find that was halfway "picture appropriate", then we ran frantically out the door because we were now late for therapy. Emmalin did therapy first, and then we went and tried to get her picture done. Emmalin was exhausted and me and her therapist, Mrs. Kelli Frost (which we LOVE), were both trying ANYTHING we could think of to get Emmalin to look the direction for the camera. But Emmalin wasn't having it! She wouldn't open her eyes, it was hot in the gym - which didn't help matters (Kelly and I were sweating by the time we were done), and when Emmalin would open her eyes it was for seconds (I even had a light globe to entice her and NOTHING WAS WORKING). To top it all off, Emmalin's hair was a disaster!! It looked like it hadn't been brushed at all that day, which it had before right before we went to therapy - we just had her in the floor rolling around. But the worst part was that Emmalin’s horns were sticking out EVERYWHERE and I couldn’t get them to stay down FOR THE LIFE OF ME. Emmalin’s “horns" are what I call the short hair that is SLOWLY growing back in the area where Emmalin had her brain surgery. *FYI...not only are the horns short, they are growing back in TWO different directions*.

Anyway, we tried to get a good/decent picture for about 15 minutes. I felt really bad for the picture guy, but he was SO nice and patient with us!! Kelly and I finally gave up. We knew there was going to be a picture retake day and so I was just going to try again on that day. Actually, I should add that Emmalin ended up getting a cold starting that night, so in Emmalin's defense, she didn't feel good.

Well, picture retake day was this past Friday. And as luck would have it, this past Friday, my keys and my spare key both managed to get locked in my van (which was in my garage). I couldn't go ANYWHERE until Jarrad left work to come unlock my van. Soooo we missed the picture retakes, and now we are stuck with this picture.

It's a memory and I'm grateful to have it, but I was really hoping for a better picture for our 1st school picture. Oh well... guess you can't win them all!


The lessons I learned:
1. Do pictures BEFORE therapy!!
2. Keep barrettes on hand, AT ALL TIMES, to tame down the horns.
3. Bring my keys inside at night so they can't get locked in my van!!!!



For those of you that know me, you understand a little more about why I do not like this picture.  I would say 98% of the time I have a large bow in Emmalin's hair.  I always try to make sure Emmalin's hair (and clothes) look cute.  Here in the picture you can barely see Emmalin's bow and like I said earlier it doesn't look like I had even brushed her hair that day.  Next year WILL be better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment