Emmalin Age: 7.5

Emmalin Age: 7.5

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Surgery Day

This has been one of the scariest days of my life!!  Today Jarrad and I took Emmalin to the St. Louis Children's Hospital to have a Corpus Callosotomy done (that's a brain surgery). This is something that NO parent should have to do with their children and I hope that we NEVER have to repeat it!!!  Sitting in a room knowing that there is a doctor, just down the hall, who is cutting on our child's BRAIN!!!  Let me just say, I'm SO glad the surgery is over!!! 

Emmalin was in a little pain today, but slept most of it because of all the medications they have given her through her iv.  Her incision looks AMAZING!!  Also we have A LOT of family that has come up to support our little family and we are incredibly grateful for all of their support!!

It is now midnight and Emmalin is resting very peacefully!  So far she has had a wonderful night!  She has a little bit of swelling in her face and we think that part will get a little worse tomorrow. I have been told that tomorrow and tomorrow night could be pretty hard for her, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.  I do know that tomorrow Emmalin will have a follow-up MRI at 8:30am.  We have been told that they do this follow-up MRI to make sure that they "got the whole thing completely cut" and to confirm if she has or has not a stroke.  We will then see our neurosurgeon at some point in the afternoon.  He will of course see how Emmalin is doing and then give us the results of the MRI. Jarrad and I have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to believe that Emmalin has had a stroke, but they have to do the MRI because it is protocol. 

I need to get some sleep tonight, so this is all for now.  God is AMAZING!!  It is because of HIM and only because of HIM that we were able to make it through today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment