Emmalin and I just got back from her 2 week check up at the St. Louis Children's Hospital. Dr. Lembrick said her incision looks great! She can start therapy back again (slowly) and she can now have a regular bath (I am SO excited about that)! He said her stitches should start coming out slowly (they are the dissolvable ones) and that he would like to see us back in a couple of months. We will now follow up with Emmalin's neurologist in 4-6 weeks and start talking about medication adjustments.
As far as Emmalin's progress 2 weeks after surgery, she's still doing AMAZING!!
Seizures: She's still having some, but the intensity and length have decreased dramatically!! Every once in a while she still has a "rough seizure day", but it is still NOTHING compared to what it was like before the surgery! At this point, some days she will have none, and then others she will have some that are seconds. Her longest seizure, here lately, is about 1.5 minutes. Before the surgery she was always pushing 3-5 minutes when she would have a seizure.
Emmalin still seems to be aware of a little more around her, and she definitely still has more of an opinion about what she DOESN'T like. She is also still talking a little more and moving all the time!!!
At this point, Jarrad and I are still very grateful that we chose for Emmalin to have the surgery!! I'm glad it's over and that Emmalin is recovering so quickly!!
God is SO good!!
I just found this sight while doing a search for Dynamic Strides. And I felt led to post a comment. I'm glad to see your daughter is doing so well after surgery. Its amazing how tough some of these children are. I believe in the sovereignty of God and she sure must be a chosen one. Anyway I hope she continues to improve in all areas of her life.
ReplyDelete