| Em and Aunt Jessica eating at Jays |
My sister (Aunt Jessica), Emmalin and I headed up to Sikeston last Monday to get Emmalin's evaluation done. I was SO impressed with the place!!! The Kenny Rogers Children's Center is AMAZING!!! We worked some in the Visional Impairment Room and in the Sensory Room. We had been told by Brandy Dallas, who will be Emmalin's therapist for those 3 weeks, that we will spend most of our time in those 2 rooms. Brandy has decided that we are going to focus on trunk control, which then will also tie into head control. I am so excited for these to be the goals because those were the two main things that I wanted to focus on for this year (and reaching out for/touching things). I have been told that a child doing this type of intensive therapy has the possibility for gaining what they would in 6 months within those 3 weeks. CRAZY!!! There is no way to tell exactly what Emmalin will accomplish during our visit at Sikeston, but the fact that we will be gaining ground is very exciting!!! I am going to try to post pictures and if I can figure out how to post video, try to do some of that also while we are there.
| Emmalin was ready to get home and out of the car. Sikeston's a 4 hour trip - one way. |
No comments:
Post a Comment