Hello everyone, I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to update our blog. Since my last post, there have been several exciting things that have been happening. First of all, I need to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has donated money, time, and anything else to help us in any way!!! You will never know how much we appreciate your generosity and kindness! Because of your generosity, Emmalin has had the opportunity to try some new therapies that are all still completely necessary, but (like I said earlier) because of lack of money, they were not possible until now (I call them her "extra-curricular therapies"). Since we have started some of the extra-curricular therapies, Emmalin has been making many improvements and they wouldn't have been possible without your help! Some of Emmalin's extra-curricular therapies are hippotherapy (riding a horse), music therapy (working on different skills with live music), and water therapy. Jarrad and I have also been looking into a couple different types of intensive therapies. We have also used some of the money for some equipment and special needs toys. I will post more information about each of the extra-curricular therapies separately at a different time (along with some pictures and possibly video of Em).
On a different note, Emmalin is growing SO much! Since her last check up at her pediatrician's office, she has grown 2 inches, which now makes her 35 inches. She is getting to be such a big girl! Emmalin is smiling more and even starting to laugh a little bit again (it's amazing). She still has seizures everyday, but that's just part of her CDKL5 gene deficiency. Emmalin's favorite color is still red and she has a new favorite toy that she is starting to hit with her hand every now and then (which is HUGE)!!! I will try to get a picture of her with her toy and post it soon!
As always, Emmalin is AMAZING and we feel SO blessed to be her parents!
GOD IS SO GOOD!!
No comments:
Post a Comment