Emmalin Age: 7.5

Emmalin Age: 7.5

Monday, November 28, 2011

Intensive Therapy at the Kenny Rogers Children's Center: Day #1

Emmalin in her "Rubber-Band Suit"
Today Emmalin started her intensive therapy at the Kenny Rogers Children's Center.  This is an intensive therapy that Emmalin is doing for 3 weeks (Monday-Friday) for 3 hours each day.  Today was her first day!  I have to tell you that I was REALLY nervous!!  Here lately we have been having issues with Emmalin sleeping until around 10am - even 11:30am (which is not typical).  I was worried that she wouldn't be awake to do the intensive, because I found out that she would be starting at 8:00am or 8:30 four out of the five days out of the week.  I also worried about Emmalin not being able to stay awake and/or have enough energy to last the entire 3 hours.  I have to tell you, she did great!! It was the first day in, I don't know how long, that Emmalin woke up at 8:00am!  I was SO relieved!!!  She also did pretty well on lasting the entire 3 hours.  In the 2nd hour she got sleepy, but then got a "second wind" and finished it out like a pro!!  Whew!!  I was SO proud of her!!!  She worked SO hard!!! 

Emmalin looking at the lights and working hard!

Day #1 down and 14 more to go!!  I am going to try to post some video at one point to show Emmalin in "action" (if I can figure out how to get it on here)!

God is Good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment