It looks like we will be headed back up to St. Louis on the 20th to meet with the general surgeon (Dr. Saito), who will be the one putting in the feeding tube. I am hoping that from this meeting we will get Emmalin's Upper GI (or at least get that process started) scheduled, get the "go ahead" to get an appointment set up with a GI Specialist (since that office is scheduling appointments 4 months out - very typical for Children's Hospital), and to be closer to getting (or get) a surgery date for the actual placement. Once we get back from this appointment, I will post the updates as soon as I get a chance!!
Oh... and Emmalin has to get an Upper GI done because they say it is a very "general" procedure that they do before anyone is getting a feeding tube. They want to know exactly how the stomach is shaped down there and that there won't be any other surprises the day of the actual feeding tube placement surgery. I have been told that the Upper GI will be done on the Same Day Surgery Floor. They will be placing a tube that looks like a feeding tube, into her nose and it will go down into her stomach. They will then put dye down the tube and take x-rays. This is how they will be able to tell exactly how everything looks in those areas so (like I said earlier) there will be no surprises on the day of the actual placement.
As I find out more, I will keep you posted!!! God is Good!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment