Emmalin Age: 7.5

Emmalin Age: 7.5

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

WATER THERAPY



Em Ready To Swim!
Like I said in an earlier post, Emmalin has now had the opportunity to try water therapy.  Water therapy is supposed to be great for anyone who has "low tone", and that is definitely Emmalin.  I have always known that Emmalin liked the water, it relaxes her.  So when I found out that there was an opening for water therapy, Jarrad and I decided that we thought it might be a great opportunity to try it out.  Last week, November 4th, was her first full time in the water and she LOVED it!  It's still a little new for Emmalin to be in a pool, with Jean (her PT water therapist), but once she warms up to everything she does great!   She seems to be able to hold her head up for 20 seconds (instead of 10 "on land").  Emmalin was even starting to kick her legs around a little bit and her hand moved a little on one occasion.  It was amazing!  I can't wait for Emmalin to go back!

Ms. Jean and Em



No comments:

Post a Comment