Emmalin Age: 7.5

Emmalin Age: 7.5

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Catch Up

I realize I haven't posted anything since Thanksgiving, but things were pretty hectic in December and January (I'm sure they were for some of you also). 

To start off Emmalin was sick on and off from about Thanksgiving until about January 23rd.  Then on that day, Emmalin had a surgery (I posted all about it in the post Vagus Nerve Stimulator - VNS), and then from that point we have been focusing on Emmalin's recovery and just getting back into the swing of things.  Emmalin was originally supposed to have the VNS surgery on the 19th of December, but 5 days before she got a cold and a double ear infection.  Surgery was then rescheduled for the 2nd of January, but starting the 27th of December Emmalin got another cold and an ear infection in her right ear.  The difference this time was that by New Years Day (Jan. 1st, 2013) Emmalin's cold had turned into pneumonia in her right lung and at this point she had a double ear infection.  So then surgery was rescheduled (again) for the 23rd of January (and she actually had it on that day).  We had to wait a minimum of 3 weeks each time before we could reschedule the surgery.  Between each of her scheduled surgery dates, we spent our time trying to keep Emmalin sealed in the house and focusing on getting her healthy and keeping her that way (but as you can see keeping her healthy was harder to do than we thought). 
Emmalin with some crazy hair hanging out in her swing
waiting to get released from surgery so she could start backup therapies :)

Anyway, so yesterday, February 11th, 2013 was officially Emmalin's 1st day back to therapies since the first week of December.  She did WAY better than I had anticipated and I am excited to get back into our routine and for Emmalin to start making some progress again (therapy wise). 

This pretty much gets you up to date as far as Emmalin goes, I am going to try not to wait so long until I post next time!

                                                                  God Is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment