This Thursday the 6th, Friday the 7th (today), and Saturday the 8th, Power 96.5 has been (and still is) hosting/doing a radiothon for the Children's Miracle Network. A couple of weeks ago, we were asked to come Friday, October 7th (today) at 1:00pm to share Emmalin's story and to talk about how Children's Miracle Network has helped our family. Jarrad and I felt honored that we had been asked to share our story! But by the time today actually got here, I have to tell you that I had been having an EXTREAMLY crummy morning!!!! Actually, it has been pretty tough all the way around here lately with Emmalin (but that will be a different post).
After feeding therapy this morning, Em got a tummy ache and so I pulled in a gas station parking lot to try to comfort her (which took around 40 minutes). I didn't get her calmed down completely, but enough to feel ok about putting her back into her car seat so we could get home. Em finally fell asleep in the last 10 minutes of the car ride. We got home and my garage door opener wouldn't work and our keyless entry wouldn't work either. I asked my 70+ year old neighbor, Donna, if the power was out in the neighborhood and she said it wasn't. This wouldn't have been that big of a deal because I have a key to my front and back door, but what I don't have is a key to the front and back storm doors (which were locked). So my amazing neighbor Donna noticed that I still had not got in my house. She came over to ask what she could do, and in that moment Emmalin started puking (she was still in the car and in her car seat). Donna then went to get towels and I started stripping Emmalin down to get the puke off of her. Once we got all of that under control, I still couldn't get into my house. So then Donna and I started trying to pry my front storm door open with a screw driver. Thanks to Donna, we finally got it. I then grabbed Em, which was asleep and ran inside to change her diaper, clothes, and make/give her the "noonish" medications that she needed. We then had to dash back out to the car to get to the radio interview on time (which was at Cox South). IT WAS CRAZY!!! On our way there, it was everything I could do to fight back the tears. I just feel so bad for Emmalin! She has been going through so much, for so long, and I just want her to get a break from all of it (puking, seizures, not eating or drinking, being sleepy all the time …)! It gets to be so hard to have to watch Emmalin endure SO much, especially knowing that all I can do is "sit on the sidelines and watch". So needless to say, I walked into Cox South with a heavy heart.Once we were in there, we found Kristen from Children's Miracle Network and we were introduced to Lindsay from Power 96.5. During the "pre- interview" we were literally just asked about Emmalin's story. We started all the way back from the day when Emmalin had her first seizure. We started talking about how we make it through each day (handling all the stress and other things) and how we do our best to keep a positive attitude. Once Lindsay felt like she had enough information, she asked if we were ready to go "live". We did our live interview, but before it was over, Lindsay started crying. Jarrad and I felt so bad that she was upset, and realized at that moment how "immune" we had become to our "new lifestyle" since Emmalin had been born.
On a brighter note, we were SO grateful to have the opportunity to share our story and meet so many amazing people! We hope that through it, people were able to realize that we are/were genuine and incredibly grateful for everything Children's Miracle Network does for us (because we definitely wouldn't be able to do it without their help)!
Please understand that I have not told you all of this so that you can feel sorry for me and my family. I am sharing this all with you because God used this situation to "put me back in check". You see, by the time the interview was over, I forgot about feeling sorry for myself and I had started remembering how incredibly blessed I really am! God used that interview to remind me that it is all going to be ok and that "he has my back". I LOVE it when God "puts me in check" like that! There are so many times throughout this journey that I have managed to take things for granted, forget how truly blessed I am, and have failed to remember how He is always right there with me! I am SO grateful that EVERY TIME I start feeling sorry for myself, God reminds me how good I really have it!
GOD IS SO GOOD!!
To check out more information about the Children's Miracle Network serving the Springfield, Missouri area, click on the link below:
Children's Miracle Network in Springfield, Missouri




No comments:
Post a Comment